Monday, March 06, 2006

A single father and love renewed




She said she knew me but I don't recall

She said she knew my favorite drink ......Scotch with no rocks


She said she knew me ....how I came so far and rose to the top

She said she knew me ... by my body and soul... Hmmmm

She said she knew me from the time we spent together in the Fall as we languished in each others sweat...Permeating against our souls


She said she knew that I like to swim in waterfalls against moonlight shades playing hide and seek .........

No ,she did not know me when I raised our children.. No she did not know me when I

sold the house and moved past what was when... No she did not know me when the lights were off and our family made due with camp fire stories that faded into sunrise..... No she did not know me when I went to school against the threat of unemployment... No she did not know me when despite all odds I learned to love anew.....No she did not know me when


I placed my hand in her hand with crumbling petals withering.... Since then ..

I later became a man ......... and this is now and not what was when .... I am a man and

look within and the girl that danced with me ............ This girl cannot be with a man...

She knew the boy but not the man.


WB

1 comment:

Ty Shaw said...

good piece.